Certification under Section 56 of the German Life-Cycle Resource Management Act and Waste Management Act (Kreislaufwirtschaftsgesetz - KrWG) and German Ordinance on Specialised Waste Management Companies (Entsorgungsfachbetriebeverordnung - EfbV)
You are a waste management company and meet the minimum requirements on a waste management company in terms of organization, equipment and activities as well as on the qualification of management and staff. Then there is no obstacle to a certification as specialised waste management company, confirming a proper waste disposal according to the criteria set out in the German Ordinance on Specialised Waste Management Companies (EntsorgungsfachbetriebeVO).
With a certification as a specialised waste management company, you may use privileges such as:
- no need to obtain a broker licence or transport license
- no need for a preliminary evaluation by the governmental authorities in the waste disposal certification procedure
Federal and state authorities are currently developing and implementing further privileges for certified waste disposal companies.
A certification according to the Commercial Waste Ordinance (GewAbfV), Packaging Law (VerpackG) and Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG) may be part of the certification as specialised waste management company.
At GfBU-Zert we have experts approved by the Brandenburg State Environmental Agency.
At GfBU-Zert we audit several companies and act as surveyors to:
- Entsorgergemeinschaft der Deutschen Entsorgungswirtschaft e.V. (EdDE) (German Waste Management Association of Waste Disposal Plants – registered association)
- Entsorgergemeinschaft Kreislaufwirtschaft Mecklenburg Vorpommern e.V. (Waste Management Association Circular Economy Mecklenburg-West Pomerania – registered association)
- Entsorgergemeinschaft der Deutschen Stahl- und NE-Metall-Recycling-Wirtschaft e.V. (Waste Management Association of the German Steel and Non-Ferrous Metal Recycling Industries – registered association)
- EGMV Entsorgergemeinschaft Mecklenburg-Vorpommern eV (EGMV Waste Management Association Mecklenburg Western Pomerania - registered association
By the way:
On October 9, 2011 the Council Regulation (EU) No 333/2011 establishing criteria determining when certain types of scrap metal (iron, steel, aluminium) cease to be waste under Directive 2008/98/EC entered into force. Regulations on further materials (glas, copper, paper, compost and fermentation residues) follows or are in preparation. The removal from the waste regime requires the producers of waste to establish a quality management system. The quality management system must be audited by an accredited certification body for quality management systems or environmental auditors at a 3-year interval.